STARTING COLLEGE CAN BE STRESSFUL.
Introducing First Year Fears…. A Low-Cost Tech Platform for students to anonymously share the things they’re nervous about as they enter university.
We provide you with 2 text-in numbers from a local area code.
The first number: is for freshman students. They will anonymously text in the things they’re most worried about going into the school year.
The second number: is for students in their second year or higher. They will anonymously reply to the freshman fears, and submit pieces of wisdom that they wish they knew at the start of college.
These submissions will then be projected around your student centre for students to absorb and to foster the understanding that first year IS scary… but they aren’t alone with their fears.
HOW THE PLATFORM WORKS
We’ll give you text-in phone numbers within your area code for a pre-selected period of time (minimum 3 consecutive days).
You can ask students questions and have them text in their responses.
- What scares you most about leaving home?
- What would you ask a senior if you weren’t afraid of sounding silly?
- Is there anything in college you hope you DON’T have to experience?
- What do you think your biggest challenge will be this year?
We will provide you with:
- A customizable PDF template of 1/8 page handouts that explain the program and have a place for you to fill in your questions to print and handout
- A customizable PDF template of the official First Year Fears poster that allows you to input your questions, school logos and more
- First Year Fears t shirt template for your orientation leaders
- Official customizable sticker templates for goodie bags
The back end of the platform has 3 web pages (that would be customized for your school):
1) When a submission comes in, it appears on a list where you’re able to filter out any inappropriate messages. No names or phone numbers are displayed.
2) A list of all the approved submissions.
3) A rotation of each approved submission that will update as you approve submissions. This is the webpage you connect to a projector (or many) to display on walls, ceilings & other creative locations.
IT LOOKS SOMETHING LIKE THIS
- Welcome Weeks
- Campus Tours
Minimum 3 consecutive days
- For $149 USD per day, you get access to the platform
- For $299 USD per day, you get access to the platform plus we’ll moderate the submissions between 8am and 8pm EST, include a one-hour video chat during set-up with our team (a $149 value) AND receive a export of all the submissions from your students (a $99 value)